Re: Miro DC30+ and camcorder

Fri, 5 Jun 1998 01:38:24 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 4 Jun 1998, Mark Spevak wrote:
> I have a PII 266 plus the above video capture system, and it doesn't
> seem to get along well with CU (2.0). Is there any way I can configure
> it so it will work?

You're on a very old version of CU..2.0 was one of the first White Pine
releases. I'd say upgrade to 2.1.X or 3.1.1.016. 3.X adds in ActiveMovie
support which may work with your Miro card. I'm not sure. You can also
give the Cornell version a shot. I seem to recall someone else mentioning
the Miro card won't capture at 160x120. If that's the case with that
specific card, it won't work with CU-SeeMe. If it can capture at 320x240,
you may give the Cornell version a shot.

> If not, I guess I'll have to get a Quickcam. Related
> to that also, is the Color Quickcam II really able to give "realtime"
> vid with a 33.6 modem? Thanks for the input.

real-time is only as real as the bandwidth allows. :)
Even with compression, I wouldn't expect anything more than a few frames
per second over a modem. Just stay away from the VC :)