Re: WP CU-SeeMe 3.1.1 Fixes (was INFO - Why)

Fri, 5 Jun 1998 01:46:13 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 4 Jun 1998, Don Castella wrote:
> * Multiple participants sending audio simultaneously with either
> the Digitalk or Voxware audio codecs no longer causes CU-SeeMe to
> stop sending audio.

This has me curious....
I've done some reading on RTP which 3.1 uses and I recall reading that it
supports multiplexing streams into one so if you have something like
multiple people speaking at once, you still only get one stream.
Hmm..but I think 3.1 only uses RTP with the G.723 codecs. (Is RTP part of
the H.323 specs?)

> For additional information on new features and problems fixed from
> previous versions of the product, please view the readme file at:"
>
> http://www.wpine.com/products/cu-seeme/cu311-win-readme.html

Hehe.I love the optimistic view. "Go to this URL to view all the
wonderful new features and bug fixes". Maybe it's just me, but I mainly
use the readme to determine which bugs are still left. :)

> It appears that the problem with multiple lines of chat spewing from WP ECU
> clients still exists in Build 16.

And it appears you use the readme for the same purpose :)