Re: multiple cameras/One CPU ?

Fri, 5 Jun 1998 02:04:36 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 4 Jun 1998 nubeus@mia.bellsouth.net wrote:
> Has anyone a clue how to MANAGE
> multiple camera sources on one CPU ?

It depends on how many you want to be able to switch from.
The only one I know capable of doing this is the Winnov Videum AV.

There are three inputs (their MXC camera, Composite, and S-Video). You
can have all three hooked up at once and then use their link (zoom)
program to remotely switch between them (thru TCP/IP).

Other capture cards do allow for multiple devices to be hooked up at once,
but the Winnov is the only I know of that can switch between them
remotely.

I believe the Videum AV is around $199.

> The Hauppauge or Video board solution is expensive
> since it needs a camcorder feeding it !

You can find smaller cameras for $200 or so. Winnov puts out a camera
that runs for $200 I believe.

http://www.winnov.com should tell you a lot more.

(Oh..and no, I don't work for Winnov...I just like their product) :)