Re: IP Addresses

Kevin McCormick (kmccormick@wpine.com)
Fri, 05 Jun 1998 16:44:27 -0400

Hey Rolf,

IP Addresses are controlled by the ISP's. They can set them to be Dynamic
(Change with each new connection), or Static (Stay the same all the time).
Most corporations have Static IP's while Internet Service Providors have
Dynamic, changing IP's to service their customers with.

You should be able to find out what your current IP address is by opening
the Network control panel in Windows 95 and looking up the TCP/IP stack's
information. The folks on this list will definitely have a better way to
show you what your current login IP address is. There may be even programs
that will show it to you on the fly without having to look it up in your
windows network control panel.

Best,

Kevin