Re: Expiration of iphones

Sat, 6 Jun 1998 04:07:33 -0500 (CDT)

On Fri, 5 Jun 1998, Wayne Fisher wrote:
> Since most of these products are shareware (i.e., you should PAY to use them on
> a regular basis), is it really proper for someone on this list to post "tricks"
> on how to get around the expiration policy and avoid paying for the software
> you use?

The "tricks" are pretty common knowledge. I'm sure you'd also disagree
with someone who says "If the demo for CU 3.1.1 times out, just reload it
for another 15 minutes". And yet, that's common sense.

All Rolf did was post the basics...He didn't pass out serial numbers and
say, "Here ya go..now you don't have to worry about it expiring".

> As someone who works in the software industry, that does not sit very well with
> me at all....

So you would rather people use CU 3.1.1 for 15 minutes ONLY...and then
either buy it or delete it? Well, that's certainly one way to
promote the Cornell version. :)