Re: Difference in vid speeds between White Pine and Cornell

Sun, 7 Jun 1998 02:12:58 -0500 (CDT)

On Sat, 6 Jun 1998, Phil wrote:
> If you have less than 64 megs of RAM it's likely to crash. However, it
> runs rather well (within certain limitations) if you feed it 64 megs of
> RAM and run a PCI bus video capture card.

64 megs of RAM? Whew...I certainly hope CU 4.0 doesn't double the
requirements of memory (or the file size/download time).
>From the 3.1.1 readme at
http://www.wpine.com/Products/CU-SeeMe/cu311-win-readme.html:
Computer Requirements:
Windows 95 or Windows NT 4.0
Pentium processor, 100 megahertz (MHz) minimum
16 megabytes (MB) of RAM (24 MB or more recommended)
10 MB of hard disk space

So it looks like you're suggesting four times the amount of memory from
the minimum listed in the readme. I've run it with 32 megs of RAM and it
ran ok (ok is a relative term). Though I didn't run it for more than a
few minutes so I don't know. :)