RAM and Video speed

Gary Dietz (gdietz@wpine.com)
Mon, 8 Jun 1998 07:18:20 -0400

>On Sat, 6 Jun 1998, Phil wrote:
>> If you have less than 64 megs of RAM it's likely to crash. However, it
>> runs rather well (within certain limitations) if you feed it 64 megs of
>> RAM and run a PCI bus video capture card.

That is utter nonsense. I know of (and myself) run 3.0/3.1/3.11 on a 100Mhz
Pent with 24Mb or RAM (32Mb is recommended).

We've had ClassPoint running on a 133Mhz pent with 16Mb ram with a Webtour
AND audio running on a 28.8 modem.

>64 megs of RAM? Whew...I certainly hope CU 4.0 doesn't double the
>requirements of memory (or the file size/download time).

Also, Jason said another Urban legend -- that 3.1 is optimized for CU 3.1.
Again, nonsnese. MPCS makes even Cornell CU (all versions) fly, compared to
old versions of Reflector, especially at modem speeds.

Gary

REPLY TO---> gmd@robinsoft.com
WHAT WE DO-> Collectible Stocks and Bonds
WEB--------> http://www.robinsoft.com (or try http://www.empire.net/~gmd)
US MAIL----> 379 Amherst Street, Suite 223, Nashua, NH 03063