RE: Hello again:)

Heather James (hjames@zzapp.org)
Mon, 8 Jun 1998 08:16:03 -0400

Its very strange - as I don't normally use the Audio very much in
CU-SeeMe - but I started Cornell v1 and noticed MY audio was grayed out -
and not selectable in Preferences. I started ver 92 and couldn't get
anything either - when I tried to get to the Audi Preferences, it said
"Please enter an interger between 1 and 8". I opened WhitePine 3.1.1 build25
and AUdio seemed fine - the only setting choice there was "SoundBlaster16".
Then I opened WhitePine 2.12 and checked audio in there - and switched it to
DeltaMod.
Now when I open Cornell v1, then audio is normal again. My suspicion is
that you have capabilities in WhitePine 3.1.1 that Cornell 1 doesn't, and if
you leave it configured to one of those newer WhitePine-only audio codecs,
Cornell can't start Audio properly.

Maybe the Audio Codec setting is held in the Windows registry, and used by
any CU that is opened?

Whatever it is/was, I doubt most folks would have all these versions of the
software available/installed to use.

For what its worth, my platform is an AMD K6-233 with 64megs of RAM and an
old Soundblaster 16 (Classic, not PnP). I'm running the consumer beta of
Win98, and do the web via v.90 56k dialup.

-= )-(eather =-

Heather James
hjames@zzapp.org

Heather's Homepage: http://www.geocities.com/WestHollywood/8958/