Re: RAM and Video speed

Gary Dietz (gdietz@wpine.com)
Mon, 08 Jun 1998 12:33:38 -0400

At 11:30 AM 6/8/98 -0500, Jason Williams wrote:
>On Mon, 8 Jun 1998, Gary Dietz wrote:
>> Also, Jason said another Urban legend -- that 3.1 is optimized for CU 3.1.
>> Again, nonsnese. MPCS makes even Cornell CU (all versions) fly,
compared to
>> old versions of Reflector, especially at modem speeds.
>
>I assume you mean the "myth" that CU 3.1 is optimized for MPCS. I never
>said MPCS is optimized for CU 3.1. True, MPCS does make all client
>versions fly, but it's the client which has support for RTP using G.723
>audio. Only the 3.X client supports it. Also, the recent problems with

Older Cornell versions connected to MPCS run better than on older versions
of Reflector. I don't have measurements, but the perf difference is visible.

gary

Gary Dietz, White Pine Software, Incorporated.
ClassPoint(tm) http://www.wpine.com/classpoint
CU-SeeMe(R) Videoconferencing http://www.wpine.com/cuseeme
MeetingPoint(tm) Conference Server http://www.wpine.com/meetingpoint
Global Schoolhouse CU-Schools http://www.gsn.org/join