Re: WP CUSEEME with Videoblaster SE100

Tue, 9 Jun 1998 01:43:57 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 8 Jun 1998, Jackson,P wrote:
> It seems quite happy with all versions of Whitepine CUSM that I have
> tries (2, 2.1, 3.1, 3.1.1) except for one "feature". Occasionally I
> will get a "program error" and I have to quit CUSM.

Wow..only occasionally? You're doing pretty good then :)

> The problem then is that the capture device is not released and is
> reported as being in use if I simply try to restart the CUSM (or any
> other application that uses the device, of course).

I'm not sure what's causing it, but if you know the name of the driver
that's being hung, you can use a utility called WPS to clear the memory
for the driver and regain the capture device. WPS can be found at
http://cu-seeme.cornell.edu/~WCW/wps.zip