Re: No Video

Wed, 10 Jun 1998 01:33:46 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 9 Jun 1998, bobale wrote:
> I go to your site and find that you now have 3.11 so I download it and
> install, figuring it would see that I have QuickCam, which is working on
> still camera, when I try to movie capture it tells me something else is
> using that port? Go figure.

Judging from the above lines, the Quickcam isn't working with the programs
that come with the Quickcam either (QuickMovie is the movie capture
program). If it doesn't work with them, it most likely won't work with
anything else. As far as how to fix it, it's tough. You may try
unplugging the Quickcam and plugging it back in then rebooting. You may
also try reinstalling the Quickcam software. If you can get it working
with QuickPict and QuickMovie, then it should work fine with any version
of CU.

Since you're two years out of date, make sure you have the updated
Quickcam drivers (http://www.connectix.com).