Re: RAM and Video speed

Wayne Fisher (waynenf@mindspring.com)
Thu, 11 Jun 1998 07:58:04 -0400

Just a little extension to what Gary said.... check the documentation provided
with your parallel port card and your BIOS. The best settings for a Connectix
Color Quick Cam would be to have your parallel card port set to bi-directional or
greater. This can be achieved by configuring your BIOS during startup and
tweaking the settings for the port that your camera is connected to. Since the
method for doing this is different depending on (a) whether or not your parallel
port will accept bi-directional or greater settings, and (b) the type of BIOS you
have, I really cannot provide detailed instructions. However, everyone should
note that this is NOT a Cornell or White Pine issue... rather it is a hardware
limitation imposed on how fast data (i.e. video) can pass through your parallel
port. The tweaks I mentioned above sped up my data transmission in my cam
immensely.

Just my 2 cents worth...

- Wayne