Re: No Video

Thu, 11 Jun 1998 19:11:28 -0500

Jason Williams wrote:

> On Tue, 9 Jun 1998, bobale wrote:
> > I go to your site and find that you now have 3.11 so I download it and
> > install, figuring it would see that I have QuickCam, which is working on
> > still camera, when I try to movie capture it tells me something else is
> > using that port? Go figure.

Maybe it's your printer drivers. Try disabling 2 way commununication. Is your
printer on so the port sees it? Quickcam will hunt for a printer, then lock
onto itself. The best way is to put the quickcam on its own port. Buy a
parallel card and put the printer on LPT 2, Quickcam on LPT 1.

--
What is a listserv?
http://www.cit.cornell.edu/cit-pubs/email/using-lists.html