Re: RAM and Video speed

Phil (chrome@lcol.net)
Fri, 12 Jun 1998 05:03:41 -0400

>But to make a blanket statement that 64Mb is required or you'll crash is
>just not true.

As you can see below, the phrasing was "likely to crash", as an automobile
driven by a drunk is likely to crash. It's not a certainty. Actually I did
learn something from this exchange. I had no idea that v3.1 would run on 16
megs of memory. I tend to take manufacturers' recommendations for memory
very lightly, as they're optimists.

I also must note that I'm running "Active Desktop", which is an awful hog
for memory.