Re: Catholic Monks' Chapel Live NEW REF

Sat, 13 Jun 1998 02:00:51 -0500 (CDT)

On Fri, 12 Jun 1998, John Becker wrote:
> Having spotted this recent posting to the Cornell CU-SEEME-L list, I
> attempted to connect to the reflector, mostly out of curiosity; after all,
> a religious reflector is almost exactly at the opposite end of the current
> fare of CU-SeeMe affairs.

Hehe..how true :)

> Oops! I double checked my settings had connected to conference 777 instead
> of 7777. Cute: the span of the spectrum is being achieved by two
> conferences on a single reflector! But upon correcting this minor
> oversight, there I was again, right back on The Toy Box. Toys empty seat
> filled and he greeted me.

The only thing is.. if you know how the Enhanced Reflector works. Is
that, if a global MOTD is define, it's used on all conferences that are
setup. a CONF-MOTD doesn't override it. It looks like ToyBox has a
global MOTD that you saw.

> So, tell me: Is this a real religious reflector, or a scam to entice men of
> the cloth out of their clothing? I believe several jurisdictions have
> stringent laws against impersonating a religious reflector.

I do know it's real...I've connected and talked with Brother John for a
bit. Nice guy too. He just happens to share the same reflector as
ToyBox. The addition of this religious reflector is what enticed me to
add in conference-ID support to my reflector scanner (something I've been
holding out on for quite some time). More than likely, you didn't see the
online camera at the monestary because there was probably some reflector
downtime as I had just told Toys about the updated 1.07b9 reflector (He
was running 1.07b7) and urged him to upgrade.

> And why do you have an address at Plodigy instead of at Worcester Polytech
> Reflector where the reflector is located? Are you some raddled nut trying
> to harass honorable, protogenic pervert-reflectors?

Probably because he's just using a conference on Toys' reflector (who IS
at WPI). I can talk to Toys about adding in a CONF-MOTD for each
conference which would help ease your mind (and soul) :)