Re: Cornell PC Version 96a17 versus 1.0

Sun, 14 Jun 1998 02:00:43 -0500 (CDT)

On Sat, 13 Jun 1998, Tom Prugh wrote:
> I have been off the listserv for about 10 days. What is the status of the
> new Cornell 1.0 version of Cu-SeeMe. I am using 96a17 and is that
> the latest available version? Where is !.0 available?

Unfortunately, there hasn't been a peep out of Martyne Halgren concerning
the impending status of the color Cornell version. White Pine employees
have been keeping quite silent on it as well. The calm before the storm?
Who knows.

Another interesting development...I popped onto White Pine's Cafe for a
few minutes the other day and saw a new version out there. "CU-SeeMe Lite
User" was using a version that showed up as 3.1.1.026L. This has me
curious. A "lite" version from White Pine? If only I could find someone
at White Pine that could shed a little "lite" on the subject. Might this
be the converted Cornell 1.0 version? If so, what's being done with it to
make it more appealable to White Pine? It does support color from what I
can tell but inquiring minds are hard to satisfy. :)

As far as where to get 1.0, Heather James still has it on her web page at
http://www.zzapp.org/hjames/cu-seeme.htm. It DOES fix a few things from
0.96a17 so it's worth the download. But hey, it's only 300K so go grab a
drink and come back and it'll be done. :)