Re: The First Internet Baby was on Cuseeme

Fri, 19 Jun 1998 07:21:41 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 17 Jun 1998, Ask wrote:
> Contrary to all the recent hype from The American Health Network, the
> first known
> live Internet birth took place on a Cuseeme reflector on Feb 4th, 1998.

Wow..quite awhile ago :)

> Skydivr and Punk^n (Punk^n did all the work) used the reflector hosted
> by DALnet's IRC channel "Cuseemefantasy" for the live event.

Cool..haven't seen Skydivr or Punk^n in ages... I always joked with some
friends about having their baby delivered on cam...just didn't want the
doctor to get confused about which cord to cut. :)

> Well over 100 people joined and left the reflector as the birth
> progressed through the evening,
> and at 8:30pm MST, Zachariah entered the world weighing 6 pounds, 9
> ounces.

Sounds cool...we're gonna have to have announcements the next time someone
does something like this.. :)

> For the record...I did not watch, I gag at the sight of a nosebleed...

Hehehe...weak stomach huh :)