Re: EggCam

Fri, 19 Jun 1998 07:51:46 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 17 Jun 1998, Janet wrote:
> The problem is that we can only stay connected for a few minutes before
> I get a error and CU closes down. Most of the time it is a divided error
> in a module, but I have also gotten other errors.

Sounds like possibly a driver problem...I'd try getting the Cornell 1.0
version from http://topdeals.com/cu and see if it still happens. Also
make sure you have the latest drivers available for the capture card.

> The only way that I can bring my video back is to restart my system.

If you can find out the filename of the driver for the capture card
(bt848 based? I don't know), you can use WPS
(http://cu-seeme.cornell.edu/~WCW/wps.zip) to recover the device without
rebooting. A real life saver in some case.