Re: Martyne, Cornell, The Great Conspiracy...

Sat, 20 Jun 1998 10:46:03 -0500 (CDT)

On Fri, 19 Jun 1998, Mark L. Bardenwerper, Sr. wrote:
> Kevin Feeney wrote:
> > She's not an instructor or prof. AD is a full time job already.
> I hope the rest of you feel the same and that we can finally put this
> lengthy, costly and tiresome dialogue to bed.

As I've said before...a lot of questions have been answered which is good.
But the final "official" version remains to be seen. I'd like to know how
support will be handled, etc. The same things that Martyne has yet to
figure out as well. If the final "official" version is feature-stripped,
a lot of people will be unhappy.

I'd like to see the few remaining bugs fixed from the current
1.0 build and then released (added support for YUV9 would be a godsend as
well). If 1.0 is released as-is, a lot of people will question why it's
being released two months after it has been ready. We've been told (by
Martyne) that the delay in the release is due to having a new team come in
and that will fix the bugs that fix the "incompatibilities with certain
reflectors". If these bugs haven't been fixed, people will question why
it took so long.

> Let's let these people get back to their jobs of educating our kids.

The quote I included above was from Kevin stating that Martyne isn't
involved with the teaching aspect. I'm not sure, but I don't believe the
development teams were either. We can let them get back to their jobs
though. :)