Re: Cornell problems on the Macintosh

Sat, 20 Jun 1998 10:59:59 -0500 (CDT)

On Sat, 20 Jun 1998, Ray Gannon wrote:
> I think Jason mentioned something about a particular format that cornell
> likes and ATI doesn't seem to support. Does anybody have more detail on
> the issue ?

I didn't realize ATI put out Mac capture cards as well. I know nothing
about the ATI Xclaim VR card. The problem with the PC version is sending
in color with the ATI All-in-wonder (Pro perhaps). The ATI card only
supports YUV9 (Indeo Video Raw) and CU only works with converting YUV9 in
grayscale, not color.

I assume the ATI Xclaim VR works fine with other videoconferencing
applications, so it may indeed be some sort of weird format problem. If
the ATI card is fairly new, it may only be supporting some new format that
the newer applications know about. As far as I know, the internals of the
Cornell Mac version haven't really been touched since the release of
0.83b3 in 1995.