Re: Kodak Camera Support

Sun, 21 Jun 1998 19:01:20 -0500 (CDT)

On Sun, 21 Jun 1998, Cragin Shelton wrote:
> As added info, I was told that the only difference between White Pine's
> version 2.1.1 and their 2.1.2 was the added code to support the Kodak
> camera. In effect, 2.1.2 was a custom release for Kodak. If that is true,
> then I bet that Cornell never supported it.

There's actually a few differences between 2.1.1 and 2.1.2. From the
cuseeme.wri file that comes with 2.1.1..I needed the corrected invert
video option for my STB PCI cap card..
Problems Fixed Since Version 2.1.1

- A new Motion JPEG (M-JPEG) video codec has been added to replace the
M-JPEG codec supplied in Version 2.1.1, which was unreliable under certain
conditions.

- The selection of YVU9 video capture format now switches to the correct
setting for sending grayscale video images. Video capture cards that use
YVU9 will also display improved color quality.

- The installer will update the cuseeme.ini file to support the Kodak
DVC300 camera by adding the following section:

[Microsoft WDM Image Capture]
Compression=YVU9
Bit Count=9
Size Image=21600
Width=160
Height=120

- New additions to the cuseeme.ini file also set the default color to
16-bit color if you have a Nogatech PCMCIA video capture card installed in
your computer.

- The Video Preference tab option to invert the gray table now takes
affect immediately. Exiting the program and restarting is no longer
necessary.