Re: Multiple Video Sources

Jamie Erbes (jamie@erbes.com)
Tue, 23 Jun 1998 10:21:37 -0700

Or you could try SoftCam (www.luminositi.com) as it handles switching between multiple video devices (during the conference even). SoftCam is a virtual video device. It "knows" about all the other installed vid devices and their supported formats. If the vid application and the camera share the same format, SoftCam does the switch and gets out of the way so there's no overhead. If the app and cameras don't share the same vid format, SoftCam stays in the middle and translates between the two (in most cases).