Re: Audio Compression Drivers

Tue, 23 Jun 1998 20:05:25 -0500

See if this helps
http://sauce.mmlab.uninett.no/maill/mbone/mbone-1996/Mbone-May/0884.html
Also found at http://www.bsiusa.com/information/trouble/trouble.htm
Error MMSYSTEM032: The specified format
cannot be translated or supported.

This is a Windows error that indicates you're trying to play a file that
isn't
supported by your sound card. The error comes ultimately from your sound
card driver. For example, if you try to play a 48khz file on a
SoundBlaster 16,
you'll get this error, because the SB16 only goes up to 44khz. You should
be
able to get around it by using /Edit/Convert Sample Type to lower the
sample
rate or adjust whatever other parameters exceed your card's
specifications.

Another possible cause: trying to play a 16-bit file on an 8-bit sound
card,
such as a SoundBlaster Pro.

Also a great site that has tips on numerous CU Seeme problems has this:
Problem: MMSYSTEM032 the specified format cannot be translated or supported. Use
the
capabilities to view supported format error message.

1.Download and install, vatbin. This version fixes the MMSYSTEM032 errors
that many people are
having with SoundBlaster audio cards.
[ Source: new version (4.0 b2) of Windows 95 or Windows N.T vat available,
<
sauce.mmlab.uninett.no/maill/mbone >. ]
If this does not help, try
2.As of March 1998 there may be a problem with Cornell's C.U-See.Me when the
operating system
they are running on is using Interactive Desktop from Internet Explorer
4.x. It appears the solution is to
uninstall Interactive Desktop.
[ Source: Jason Williams, < streak@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu >. ]
This is at http://members.forfree.at/~nassy/wincuseemeprobs.html