Re: Cornell CUSeeMe Version 1.0 Locks Up

Bernard Matthews (algernon@mindspring.com)
Tue, 23 Jun 1998 21:58:39 -0400

At 08:17 PM 6/23/98 -0400, Wayne Fisher wrote:

>I do have one small problem, though... has anyone else experienced a
>CUSeeMe lockup when a reflector IP address cannot be reached? The phone
>book remains displayed, and if I do the old 3 finger salute
>(control-alt-delete), I get the Phonebook listed in the taskbar with a "not
>responding" message. If I click the end task button, CUSeeMe closes, but
>my quick cam is locked and I have to reboot my system if I want to use the
>cam.

Yes, I have seen that. I can't confirm that I have had to reboot
every time, but on the whole, you are not alone with that problem.

I have also had video windows fail to 'handshake' (or whatever the
equivalent is with CUSeeMe) where the message 'such and such stream'
(mpeg, for example) is continuously displayed without an image ever
appearing. Someone else has reported seeing the same effect with my
image. I don't recall if they had v1.0 or if it was just me with v1.0.

----- bernard