Re: Cornell CUSeeMe Version 1.0 Locks Up

Wed, 24 Jun 1998 14:20:16 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 24 Jun 1998, Phil wrote:
> Actually, I'd prefer if they had something simpler than "Download contact
> card", possibly "copy IP". The only real hassle with the contact cards is
> you have to enter the same data twice (Reflector name), which makes it a
> hassle when you want to copy/paste a contact card to make a new one.

The "Download contact card" is still pretty useless to me. Most people
that I see on CU are using dynamic IP connections. You can't use the
Download option for a reflector. You have to create a new one. The ones
you CAN Download are useless because the person's IP is dynamic. The only
thing you really get out of it is the graphic they use and info on the
person (if they even choose to input that much).

> "Quick Connect" fixes this, but at a cost. You'll get a faster connection,
> but you won't get the conference menu any more.

Quick Connect fixes it for the most part. The main time the connection
hangs is when connecting to non-WP reflectors or DC's. There's no
conference menu then to begin with so you really aren't missing anything.