Re: Cornell CUSeeMe Version 1.0 Locks Up

The Mad Scientist! (s.j.turner@uq.net.au)
Thu, 25 Jun 1998 13:09:06 +1000 (GMT+1000)

On Wed, 24 Jun 1998, Jason Williams wrote:

> is most likely what it is. Ask them to lower their quality down. The way
> I've seen all the color codecs work is by sending a complete frame.

Except for H.263. My understanding is that it only sends the changes in
the frame, similar to the Cornell grayscale codec.

> If
> the frame size is big enough (ie: high quality), then it will take quite a
> long time to receive any vid from them.

Not with H.263, hence it's advantage. But you do need a rather fast PC
for H.263. And Cornell 1.0 only supports receiving in H.263, it can't
send H.263. And at the moment the OS/2 version (CUSeeMe/2) only supports
receiving in H.263, although support for sending in H.263 is planned.

s.j.turner@uq.net.au