Re: interesting phenomenon

Thu, 25 Jun 1998 17:49:03 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 25 Jun 1998, Jerry Singleton wrote:
> Occasionally, when someone tries to connect to one of the conferences,
> they will be told to lower thier send rate to under 20. The strange
> part is that they are usually at 20 or below when they get this mesage.

My only guess on this one is to check the CAP setting. The CAP isn't a
direct measurement of their send rate, but an estimate I believe. If
their rate goes about the CAP setting, they get booted. I usually just
wipe the CAP rate setting and go with the max-max-send, etc. I believe
CAP was added to the reflector before there were max-max-send/receive/etc
settings.