Re: Capture card Vs parallel port

Phil (chrome@lcol.net)
Thu, 25 Jun 1998 22:35:29 -0400

>On Wed, 24 Jun 1998, Phil wrote:
>> I did this for a while, and it worked great when it worked. When it
didn't
>> work, it was generally because the Connectix driver was looking at the
wrong
>> port.
>
>I've never had this happen..but I remember hearing somewhere that sticking
>the cam on LPT1 fixes it.

You can't altogether go by my experience with the quickcam because mine was
starting to die.

>> What do you think of the parallel Quickcam VC? It's sure cheap enough,
and
>> claims to be faster than the Quickcam II.
>
>I've never used them..I've just heard of lots of problems with them. Some
>people say they work great..others don't.. I never figured out if the
>problems were with the parallel port version or the USB version.

I'd be willing to bet you a beer that most of the problems are with Win95
users attempting to run the USB version. USB users either swear by the cam
or swear at it. I haven't heard from many people running the parallel
version.