Re: H.263 (Was Re: Cornell CUSeeMe Version 1.0 Locks Up)

Fri, 26 Jun 1998 10:13:34 -0500 (CDT)

On Fri, 26 Jun 1998, The Mad Scientist! wrote:
> On Thu, 25 Jun 1998, Jason Williams wrote:
> > I didn't know that...I do know that from talking with Brian Godette, H.263
> > is much more susceptible to packet loss. If there's high packet loss, the
> > frame rate plummets.
>
> Yes, I've had that happen too while using H.263. I guess it really needs
> to be used with RTP, as happens with H.323 systems.

That would be a good question for a White Pine employee...Does the current
3.1.X versions of Enhanced CU use RTP with a video payload (H.263 codec).
>From what I remember reading in the docs/readme's, Enhanced CU only uses
RTP with the G.723 audio codecs when communicating either with a MPCS
reflector or point to point with another 3.1.X client.