Re: Video or audio/video card

Si Ballenger (sballen@cetlink.net)
Fri, 26 Jun 1998 11:53:10 -0400 (EDT)

At 03:28 PM 6/25/98 -0400, Joyce Ruprecht wrote:
>I recently ordered a Winov video pkg with a video card. In error they
>sent me the audio/video card. This cost an extra $100.00. My question
>is would their be an advantage in keeping the audio/video card. The
>camera is a Phillips if that makes a difference.
>Thank you, Joyce

Winnov's main selling point on having a sound card on the video card is for
making AVI files with the sound nicely synchronized with the video. It also
lets you leave your headset plugged into the video card and your speakers
plugged into your regular sound card. If you were short on slot space, you
might could pull your regular sound card and just use the one on the video
card. I don't know how the sound card on the video card compares to a
regular sound card (stereo, etc.). Don't know if you will get an extra $100
worth of benifit from having the A/V vs. VO card.