Re: Video or audio/video card

Robert Barry (rsbarry@peak.org)
Fri, 26 Jun 1998 11:26:44 -0700

I have the Philips version of the Winnov AV card that I bought from
ebay.com and it works fine as a sound card.

I had to modify the end of the sound cable from my cd-rom drive to fit the
AV card. The cable was setup to use four pins and the AV card has five
pins. Only three pins are actually used. Left and right channel and a
ground.

The sound from my music CDs is very good. I don't play many games so I
don't know how well it works for games, but my Grateful Dead CDs sound
great.

Robert
rsbarry@peak.org
http://www.flic.net/adrian/garage <--see my volkswagens