Re: How to ensure that you can talk to a particular recipient? (2)

Sat, 27 Jun 1998 11:20:10 -0500

Chan Ka-sing wrote:

> Dear Members,
>
> As the IP address is often NOT fixed, hence not known before we run
> CU-SeeMe. The IP address is often assigned by the ISP. How to ensure that
> we can talk to a particular recipient?
>
> Best regards.
> KS Chan CBiol MIBiol Areas of interest:
> kschan@hknet.com Curriculum development
> World Wide Web and science education
> Biology education

Most participants use a secondary program such as ICQ
http://www.icq.com/icqhomepage.html. Go there to learn about it.
Switchboxes are OK, I guess, but this is the digital age, and I'd rather my
computer did the switching, not me. I installed a parallel card, set to LPT 2.
The printer went to LPT 2 and the Quickcam used 1.

--
What is a listserv?
http://www.cit.cornell.edu/cit-pubs/email/using-lists.html