Re: Question about direct connections.

Mon, 29 Jun 1998 13:41:45 -0500 (CDT)

On Sun, 28 Jun 1998, Brian Ciemian wrote:
> What kind of speed negotiation takes place when you do 1 on 1
> connections using CU-seeme? Does it automatically use all your
> available bandwidth or do you still have to set your send/recv rate?

As far as I know, with a DC, the same negotiation takes place as on a
reflector. It's constantly looking at packet loss as a means of lowering
send/receive rates. This is assuming modern versions of CU (I believe
before 0.84b7, the packet loss schemes were a bit different).

The send/receive rates are still used so still need to be set.