Re: CuSeeMe 1.0 and Windows 98 II

Ralph D'Andrea (rdandrea@gjbiz.com)
Mon, 29 Jun 1998 16:33:50 -0600

Windows does not let a programmer specify WHICH IP address to bind to.
Do you have a network card in your puter? What's its IP? How bad do
you need to bind TCP/IP to it?

You used to be able to trick windows by installing your PPP adapter
last. But I had lots of problems with Cornell and Win95b, Dun 1.2b, and
Winsock 2.2. With these versions installed, NOTHING would make Cornell
bind to the PPP adapter. When I installed Win98, the problem went
away. It's a good thing too, because the Win98 default s3 video driver
whacks out at certain resolutions with WhitePine's CU. I'd have been
CU-less.

You can hit Start/Run/Winipcfg to see what your computer THINKS it has
in the way of TCP/IP bindings...

If you don't NEED TCP/IP bound to a network card, go into your Control
Panel/Network and delete the binding.