Re: Official News from Cornell

Brian Godette (bgodette@idcomm.com)
Mon, 29 Jun 1998 17:00:35 -0600

At 05:05 PM 6/29/98 -0500, Jason Williams wrote:
>On Mon, 29 Jun 1998, Martyne Hallgren wrote:
>> First my apologies for the delay in posting. I am extremely busy
>> as this is not the only project for which I'm responsible but one
>> of many.

----
chop chop chop
----
>I'd like to hear more from White Pine concerning these "technical issues"
>and "compatibility issues". The only technical issue that I was aware of
>that needed to be fixed was the TCP connection to port 7648 for the
>Conference Selection Menu. I'm sure the 1.0 testers would love to be a

That and the packet leeching, you know, the problem with a constant stream
of con/discon packets being pointed at a connected 1.0 and it sends back
random packets. And of course an expanded aux-id array and recognition of
"recovered" chat spew, i.e. recovered aux packets are checked against the
aux-id array as well instead of just passing strait thru to the chat
window. Note I didn't make the recovered chat spew WP specific, tho I've
yet to see it from non-WP clients, but I have seen it from 2.1.1 2.1.2 and
3.1.* versions which leads me to believe this may be a historic problem
along the lines of the recovery bug. With the recovery bug fixed in the
Cornell client and by ERef's the spew bug is now showing up.

>Oh..and feel free to visit my reflector any time. :)

You were just *waiting* for Martyne to show up on the list for that one,
weren't you. :)