Re: CuSeeMe 1.0 and Windows 98 II

Brian Godette (bgodette@idcomm.com)
Mon, 29 Jun 1998 17:22:16 -0600

At 04:33 PM 6/29/98 -0600, you wrote:
>Windows does not let a programmer specify WHICH IP address to bind to.

Ummm, really, guess you better tell that to Microsoft's IIS team, WP, and
several other companys.
It's really rather simple...

struct sockaddr_in saddr;
memset(&saddr, 0, sizeof(saddr));
saddr.sin_family = AF_INET;
saddr.sin_addr.s_addr = bind_ip;
saddr.sin_port = htons(bind_port);
bind(mySock, (struct sockaddr *)&saddr, sizeof(saddr));

>Do you have a network card in your puter? What's its IP? How bad do
>you need to bind TCP/IP to it?
>
>You used to be able to trick windows by installing your PPP adapter
>last. But I had lots of problems with Cornell and Win95b, Dun 1.2b, and
>Winsock 2.2. With these versions installed, NOTHING would make Cornell
>bind to the PPP adapter. When I installed Win98, the problem went

No problems here with 95b, dun 1.2 (which I haven't used for several
months, decided to route myself a subnet) and winsock 2.2. What matters is
the order in which the devices (network card, dun, etc) are added in and
which was last configured. This is much more of a problem under NT when you
start adding secondary IP addresses to ethernet interfaces.