Re: Question for RATES

Tue, 30 Jun 1998 15:45:13 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 30 Jun 1998, Valerio Bellizzomi wrote:
> the exact settings are:
> RECV MIN 10
> RECV MAX 60

I'd lower your max receive a bit..perhaps down to 30 or so (depends on
your connect rate).

> SEND MIN 10
> SEND MAX 60

No one can see you with a max send of 60..Try lowering it to 15 or 20.

> AUDIO DELAY SHORT

You're on a modem..so try a Long delay

> HOW I can set this stuff to work fine?

On a modem, everything with CU is gonna be rather slow. With grayscale,
I've seen usually 1 fps tops on a modem. Also, don't try opening more
than a couple of vids (unless you're connected to a MPCS server). It'll
slow things down a LOT.

As far as audio goes...don't have anyone's vid open..and pause your own
vid. And it should work ok.