Re: CU-Seeme and MacPPP

J.Coyer (coyer@glibm16.cen.uiuc.edu)
Thu, 2 Mar 1995 17:39:02 -0600 (CST)

On 2 Mar 1995, Richard Cave wrote:

> I want to send video to a MSWindows receiver from a Mac connected to the
> internet through a MacPPP dialup connection. The receiver is going to be
> running windows and using a dialup TIA connection using Trumpet Winsock. Can
> it be done? Any gotchas I need to watch for? The release notes say I must
> have a name defined for my ip site, but my ip number is assigned when I dial
> up. Is this going to be a problem?
> Thx
> Richard

I use a dial-up PPP system with Windows NT. My IP is also dynamically
configured at connect time, but it works fine. As long as you note the
IP address the server gives you (the MSWindows person), you should be fine.

Oh wait! The Windows end only need know the server's IP address. So
you'll be fine, since _I_ have a dynamically configured ssytem and see
video just fine...

Regards,

James