Media Vision Drivers

Richard Kennerly (kennerly@nr-tech.cit.cornell.edu)
Sun, 05 Mar 1995 13:26:17 -0500

Windows Users:
There are at least two drivers for the media vision ProMovie capture
cards. The one that seems to come with the card produces a 'reverse video'
or negative image. The one available from Media Vision's download service
apparently yeilds an upside down but correctly palettized image.
Maybe someone with an FTP site and plans to keep up-to-date on Media
Vision hardware/drivers could make this driver available. Anyway, we're
incorporating an external codec that supports the media vision ProMovie
cards with right-side-up and correctly palettized images.

-Rich Kennerly - <rbk1@cornell.edu> PC Windows CU-SeeMe developer

------- Forwarded Message

Date: Sun, 05 Mar 1995 09:23:06 -0600
Sender: owner-CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu
From: arvell@bilbo.pic.net (arvell hairston)
To: <CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu>
Subject: media vision boards

The media vision capture boards produce a negative(reversed polarity video
image,NOT a upside down image ) when used with cuseeme. I am still trying to
find the person who posted that incorrect information to find out if and how
they accomplished an upside down image. Media vision and microsoft have no
clue as to what will fix this and the only remedy in sight is the external
codec software being written for the next release of cuseeme coming soon.I
have also sent in a correction to the capture board list that was published
last week.
Arvell

------- End of Forwarded Message