ProMovie Spectrum

Rich Kennerly (rbk1@cornell.edu)
Wed, 08 Mar 1995 11:23:34 -0500

Albert,
No, I never heard the actual source of the legendary upside-down
ProMovie driver. Michel Carleer wrote the external codec that will work
with a new version of CU-SeeMe being prepared by a third party developer.
My interest in the upside-down driver is somewhat limited since we will
undoubtedly support Michel Carleer's codec; I've already seen it work
with some test code and the ProMovie Spectrum card.

-Rich Kennerly - <rbk1@cornell.edu> PC Windows CU-SeeMe developer

------- Forwarded Message

Date: Tue, 07 Mar 1995 14:04:03 -0600
Sender: owner-CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu
From: albert@more.net (Albert Foo)
To: <CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu>
Subject: Re: FAQ: ProMovie Studio/Spectrum Cards for CUSeeMe

pstingley@smtpgate.ssmc.noaa.gov wrote:
> Arvell and I have both got the most recent Pro Movie drivers and none
> of them does the upside down thing, nor do they rectify the problem
> with the hue inversion. There was a posting about a driver like this
> but we have never been able to find that citatation again.

Folks,

The closest posting regarding the recent drivers for PM Spectrum/Studio
card is by Richard Kennerly.

On Wed, 15 Feb 1995 09:59:29 -0500, <kennerly@nr-tech.cit.cornell.edu> wrote:
> We have a driver written by Michel Carleer that does work with the
>Pro-Movie Spectrum (and I expect will work with the Pro-Movie Spectrum)
>that we're having integrated into CU-SeeMe by a third party developer.
>There is also a new driver that takes care of the palette problem but
>still results in the image being upside down (available from Media V.).
> This being a nice, popular, inexpensive card should be perfect for
>the philosophy behind CU-SeeMe and we expect to be able to support it.

Hey Rich, do you know which version of that driver that cause the upside
down image? Who's Michel Carleer? Is he the author of the driver?

- ----
Albert Foo (albert@more.net)
Missouri Research and Education Network
University of Missouri - Columbia