QuickCam software is not freely distributable

Michael Sattler (msattler@jungle.com)
Mon, 13 Mar 1995 09:26:21 -0800

At 06:50 3/13/95, Roie Gat wrote:

>Oh yeah, heres another neat idea that I recently discovered:
>
>If your sick and tried of being a lurker (since I have a Quickcam,
>I don't fall into this category)? Well, heres a cool trick for you guys.
>Get the Quickcam software from someone (it should be too hard to find).
>Install it on your computer and run cuseeme. CU-SeeMe will think you have
>a video card but for local video all you'll get is a white screen. This
>just means they wont see you, but at least you can type cool messages on
>you video screen (hey...its a step up for lurkers!). Let me know if
>someone tries this.....wanna get some feedback on it.

You might get a response you didn't expect, what with advocating software
piracy in public. Connectix QuickCam software is not free- or share-ware,
and it's not freely distributable. You've said what amounts to (spelling
and punctuation style followed):

Well, heres a cool trick for you guys. Get the ramdoubler
software from someone (it should be too hard to find).
Install it on your computer and run it. Now youll have
twice as much memory! Let me know if someone tries
this.....wanna get some feedback on it.

Don't do this. I know at least one person at Connectix who likes to get
paid, pay the rent, etc. There's really *no* excuse with the cost of a
camera hovering around US$100.

Michael "I sometimes program for food too" Sattler

Are you continuing this thread after repeated requests to stop because |
you're illiterate, or merely because you're a sociopath? |
-- L. Futplex McCarthy |