Re: Sorry to waste this bandwidth

Scott Wenzel (turtle@charm.net)
Wed, 22 Mar 1995 23:08:53 -0500

On Wed, 22 Mar 1995, John Babina III wrote:

> Sorry to post this here, but I to am getting annoyed by the DAILY deluge of
> "unsubscribe" messages!
>
> Is it possible for the great gods of listserv to automatically destroy any
> messages with the subject "unsubscribe", or send those people a message on
> how to correctly unsubscribe?

Well, I suppose they could always hook up a relay to send a 440-volt
spike down the line when they get such a message...

Every newsgroup I subscribe to has this problem... people who get into
Sorcerer's Apprentice mode and don't know how to turn the brooms with
their buckets of news off. Eventually their system (and basement)
overflow and the music comes to a resounding climax and Disney rolls
the credits. Ahh, well...

| |
| The Turtle turtle@charm.net|
| Visit the Weightless Dog Home Page!|