Re: MV cards & cameras w/ inverse video

Scott Wenzel (turtle@charm.net)
Thu, 23 Mar 1995 22:42:56 -0500

On Thu, 23 Mar 1995 bam@netaxs.com wrote:

> I have seen some video camers which have a negative video switch.
> I was wondering if a camera in negative video mode could be used with
> a Media Vision card and have the picture appear normal? Has anyone tried
> this?
This would be useful only to those people with a cam with that sort of
option. Truthfully, I've been buying and using home video gear for
ten years and can't remember seeing one that would do reverse video
like that.

> Also, are the Media Vision cards compatible with PCI video cards?
> Will they work if you have 16MB RAM in your machine?

Due to the way they operate, i.e. through ISA bus, rather than through
the feature connection, I don't see any good reason why you can't put
a MediaVision card in an ISA/PCI motherboard. I have used my MV
successfully (with VFW, not necessarily with CU-SeeMe) in both ISA and
VLB/ISA machines with 8, 24 and 32 meg of RAM. No problem with memory
as long as the rest of the system handles it OK.

| |
| The Turtle turtle@charm.net|
| Visit the Weightless Dog Home Page!|
| <URL:http://www.charm.net/~turtle/>|