Re: CU-SeeMe equivalent of _TV Guide_?

Preston Holmes (pholmes@ucsd.edu)
Tue, 28 Mar 1995 12:49:46 -0800

At 9:28 PM 3/27/95, Michael Sattler wrote:
>At 15:34 3/27/95, Preston Holmes wrote:
>
>>People could just fill in forms when they have an event and look at or
>>query the database ala tvnet.com for TV listings.
>
>This is called doing things the hard way. If one can go through filling
>out a web form one can send a short e-mail message to the events list.

I agree that people should be mailing to the events list, but I don't think
this means a Web guide is a bad idea.

o A Web page is more browsable then a bunch of mail messages
o people who don't want to subscribe to another list can still find out
about events
o A Web page could also 'subscribe' to the list so that mail is posted to
the Web page.

Not that there are enough events right now but there can be expansion - as
far as searchability, catagories etc..

-Preston

--
Preston Holmes                       Neurobiology Unit
Dept. of Neuroscience, UCSD          Scripps Institution of Oceanography