Porn

Dennis J. Streveler (strev@mobius.net)
Fri, 1 Mar 1996 09:52:09 -0700

SFO DJS 96/03/01 09.47

First of all, I agree with the initial speaker. I haven't seen anybody
violate any stated policy. I am surprised that more reflectors don't STATE
their policy via a login screen!

As for Brian's "deny" suggestion, well, I would guess that many would-be
violators are now on dynamically assigned IPs, and therefore the 'deny'
command is not going to be very effective.

I guess we are going to need a 'vchip' for CUSeeMe pretty soon! ;)

--Dennis

At 10:55 AM 3/1/96, Brian O'Shea wrote:

>>Another thing I have seen reflectors admin's do (besides making a reflector
>>private) is to simply put a statement on the reflector's MOTD along the lines
>>of, "This site Rated-G, NO CUSEEME-SEX!". I could be wrong about the
>>effectiveness of this, but I have never seen any CUSeeMe-Sex on sites that
>>have such statements. I have also seen sites say, "No Nudity during the
>>hours of __ am to __ pm", and I have yet to see that violated either.
>
>Probably because the offenders have already been added to the list of IP
>addresses that are DENIED access, using the reflector DENY statement.
>
>DENY 1.2.3.4 Because you did not respect our G Rating, you are DENIED access.
>//
>
>If you put that statement in your reflect.conf, then whenever 1.2.3.4 tries to
>connect to the reflector, it receives that message, and is disconnected.
>
>-bos
>
>+***********************************************************************+
>+ Brian O'Shea White Pine Software +
>+ Network/OS Software Engineer 15 Messenger Square +
>+ boshea@wpine.com Suite 8A +
>+ Fax 508-695-2378 Plainville MA, 02762 +
>+ All it takes is all you've got. +

Dennis J. Streveler, Ph.D.
Systems Consultant
San Francisco, California, USA