Re: help please for QuickCam and LPT1 port !

Laurent-David HASSON (ldh@interlog.com)
Fri, 01 Mar 1996 19:19:32 -0500

At 22:35 03/01/96 +0100, Daniel Lalune wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I have just bought a wondefull QuickCam for windows this afternoon !
>
>I was very happy until I see the following message :
>
> "QuickCam not found on any LPT port !
> Do you wish to continue ?"
>
>when I launch the QuickPick program !!!!
>
>How disappointed am I !!
>
>I re-installed the software, chexk again all the connexions, cables, but I
>can not found anything explainig why it is not working.
>
>I have re-tested the parallel port, which is LPT1, it works ok with my laser
>printer.
>
>I have only one // port (LPT1).
>
>When launch QuickPict and I go in the Help about I can see :
> QuickCam Connexion : LPT1, bidirectional.
>
>Do you think that it means it recognize the LPT1 port, which is in reality a
>bidirectional port ?
>
>That means also that the QuickCam is not working due to a bad camera ?
>
>My camera has a number LKD2101B, which is on a little stamp near the cable
>
>My machine is a Pentium P90, with Windows 3.11, with 32 Mo, memory 116 127
>Ko free.
>
>QuickCam software is QuickPict for QuickCam version 1.1.
>
>The Windeo for Windows is working ok. I have also tested with the Quickmovie
>program, in playback mode of course.
>

>Do you think I need to change back my QuickCam for a new one ?

A friend of mine had the same problm on anotebook... He plugged the power
source for the cam into the ps/2 - keyboard plug, but nothing happened.
win'95 did acknowledge the connection, and the port being used by Quickcam
and all... My guess was that somehow, the cam was not getting any power. I
do not know the solution, but this is possible.

Laurent.