Re: help please for QuickCam and LPT1 port ! (new test !)

MARSHALL KATZ (marshall_katz@mchfmccm.navy.mil)
Mon, 04 Mar 96 07:18:23 EST

Daniel...

I had the same problem. In my case, the connector used as an
extension on the parallel port connected to the QuickCam parallel
port connector was not correct.

The extension caused the software not to find LPT1. If you are
using an extension due to the size of the QuickCam parallel port
connector not having enough room to fit in next to another port,
e.g., a serial/mouse port, insure it's not a null modem (or other)
similar type connector.

I'm now using a short ribbon connector which you can get an any PC
repair office.

Hope that helps you and others.

Marshall...