Re: Quickcam probs

James Doty (jamesd@e-zone.e-z.net)
Tue, 5 Mar 1996 09:47:33 -0800 (PST)

On Mon, 4 Mar 1996, Christoph P. Kukulies wrote:

> I always get an alert box telling me that no parallel port could be
> found or the port would be used by another program.
>
> I have no idea what could be using the port. I have no printer
> installed nor do I have any computer connection protocol chosen
> in communications software.

I had a simular problem recently with LPT2. Although I have an HP 500C
plugged into the port, Windows 95 refused to send anything to LPT2 for
printing. I fiddled around in the setup menu and discovered that during
a recent hardware change Windows 95 removed LPT2 from my hardware list.
I added LPT2 from the hardware install/unistall menu then went to the
hardware menu and configured it manually. Basically I just needed to give
Windows 95 the address of LPT2.

I don't believe I've gotten the names of the setup routines exactly right.
I'm at work at the moment working on a Mac and don't have my machine in
front of me to verify the command names, but setup would be a good place
to start.

Let me know if this helps or if this message is a load of BS.

James A. Doty
KI7EL
jamesd@e-z.net
Vancouver, WA

"I think so Brain but Snowball for Windows?"
Pinky