Re: CU-SeeMe via modem to modem

Sgt Daniel W. Erskine (derskine@apci.net)
Thu, 07 Mar 1996 08:33:04 -0800

e.t.whit@deltanet.com wrote:

> I remember reading somewhere on the web that one could use CU-SeeMe
> via straight modem to modem conection. Does any one know what it
> takes to accomplish this? Thanks

Greetings:
Yea, try this (assuming Windows 3.x/95). Have your remote end run Trumpet
WinSock, select the [Dialler][Manual Login] submenu, and issue the Hayes (modem)
command for "auto-answer". On your end, run Trumpet, select [Dialler][Manual
Login] submenu, and dial the remote end's phone number. Once you connect, you
*should* come up in a simulated, network-like mode.
Keep in mind that you'll have to assign each other bogus IP numbers, DNS and
gateway information. When you start your CU-SeeMe sessions, you'll be using
each other's IP numbers.

Hope this works,

Sgt Daniel W. Erskine "mailto:derskine@apci.net"
PHONE: (618) 256-6891 "http://www.apci.net/~derskine"