Re:Type inside photo

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Thu, 07 Mar 1996 21:04:26 -0600

>Date: Thu, 07 Mar 1996 10:44:09 -0700
>Sender: owner-CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu
>From: DOUGGW@novell.com (Doug Gwilliam)
>To: <CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu>
>Subject: Type inside photo
>
>First off, I don't have a camera, so I guess I'm
>considered a "lurker". My question is I
>sometimes see text scrolling across the
>inside of someones photo. Can I type as well
>so that the sender of the photo can see a
>message from me? Or is there some other
>way to contact that person, since you can find
>out their IP address? I know you can CHAT,
>but then everyone can see the text.
>
>Thanks for any responses!

If you have no video window, then you can't type into it. Try getting
CUDOODLE, which "fakes" having a camera by sending a portion of the screen
as your video window. You can place whatever you want into the CUDOODLE
area, like a jpg or gif picture of yourself, or even a shrunk down copy of
NOTEPAD, in which you could type whatever you wanted.

CUDoodle can be found at:
ftp://ftp.netcom.com/pub/ne/neisius/cudoodle.zip

As far as contacting them another way, you can track down their IP to a
particular ISP, but from there, it's hard to get more specific if they have
a dynamic IP address. It would be better to just ASK them for their email
address.

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Squeek on Undernet IRC
Channel Manager #CU-SeeMe